For any type of content, be it online or offline, images play a diversified role. Images can enhance the site’s conversion, and gets you connected in a better way with your target audience. Many websites are not aware of the images when it comes to getting most of the existing traffic. Let’s look at some tips on how one can improve their online content, through images.
- Content with images are more sharable: If images are included in the content, then more and more people will share. And those shares are more re-sharable, if they include images from your content. Like for example, tweets with more images gets 18% more clicks, Facebook posts with images gets 87% more engagement, 150% more retweets and 89% more favorites/
- Visually more pleasing: When you use the right image to convey your message, then it becomes visually more appealing for the readers. The image should be as per the content of the article and should be related.
- Drives more traffic from social media sites: The users of social media love content with images. When users share your content on their respective social media networks, it will also help in driving more traffic from social media sites. The shared posts must contain the perfect image which is related to the content on the site.
- Select images which are protected by Copyright: One must just start with an assumption that the selected images are protected by copy right. One should include images which includes sketches, illustrations and photographs that one finds through a search engine or Google search or through another search engine.
- Using images of real people are more engaging: Using pictures of people are most engaging forms of web content. Most users spent 10% more time looking at the pictures of the people on the page than any other type of content related with pictures. Though text content takes more space, people prefer looking at pictures, as they find it visually more appealing.
- Using professional images helps in marketing to a larger audience: Images capture authenticity. Quality and sensible images can help you in marketing to a much larger audience than ever before. Good quality images will give visitors a chance to share your imagery with friends and family. The professional pictures can also help your visitor to understand the service or product better.
- Hiring a professional to take photos: You as an owner, must also hire a professional to take pictures of your team. A face is part of the brand, so a professional head shot will make your customer see you as someone who is trust worthy, well-practiced and sincere. You can use them across professional and social media accounts such as Facebook and Linked in where profile picture is of utmost importance.
Images are like words or text content. The visual speaks and gives you a lot of information like words or sentences do. So, a visually appealing and right image with the content will convey a message, tell a story, and allow anyone to understand what you are talking about. Photos, colors, consistency and simplicity together contribute a well-designed content and site. When it comes to online copy, it’s very rare that people read a piece of content word-by-word. Infact the content that is filled with colorful images, linger in the memories of the readers, drive their attention to that page which has images more and more, and make your online content stand out.